arpReach is PHP software that is installed on your own web hosting account, VPS or dedicated server. arpReach runs on shared hosting accounts.
You can use the standard "Sendmail" or SMTP sending facilities offered by your webhost or send through 3rd party SMTP providers such as SendGrid, Mailjet, SMTP.com or Amazon SES.
arpReach runs on most shared hosting, VPS and dedicated servers. We recommend CPanel based hosting as it's easy to manage and works great with arpReach as does DirectAdmin. Plesk based hosting is also compatible.
You need the following:
- A website hosted with a working domain name (not just an IP address).
- MySQL 5.0 or greater.
- PHP 5.5 or greater. - Important: Running arpReach with PHP 7 is NOT recommended as server modification is required. See: https://ckon.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/put-mysql-functions-back-into-php-7/
- Ability to run scheduled (cron) tasks that are not time limited.
- FTP access for installing the scripts.
Your server will also need the following which are commonly available with most servers:
- — register_globals OFF
- — safe_mode OFF
- — max_execution_time = 0
- — cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 (for CGI/FastCGI)
- — php-cli module - (PHP 5.5 or greater is needed at the command line)
- — mysql extension
- — cURL extension
- — GD extension
- — JSON extension
- — Open SSL extension
- — Ports 25, 587 and 465 (SSL/TLS) need to be open for inbound and outbound traffic when using third-party ESP's
- We recommend at least 256M of memory is allocated to PHP, but you may need to set it higher depending on how large your list is. The memory MUST be applied to both http PHP AND php-cli which is used for cron tasks.
- — SpamAssassin Module - optional: used for spam scoring
The following is a list of some webhosts commonly used for arpReach installations.
As hosts can change their systems, plans or terms and conditions at any time without our knowledge, we do not recommend any of the above hosts over any other.
arpReach has been designed to be compatible with almost all webhosts. The software is installed on many hundreds of them around the globe.
GoDaddy and all hosts using their platform (eg VoxDomains) have been removed from our list of compatible hosts. The reason is that their PHP system has basic functionality missing and their MySQL database is outdated. We therefore cannot install arpReach on GoDaddy hosting and we cannot support installations on it.